When most people think of childrens toy storage, they think of boxes and chests, all with sharp corners and hard surfaces. There is an alternative, and stylish storage item made from soft fabric, incorporating a fun, colourful design which makes cleaning up easy while the colours inspire your kids to greatness.
Solutions For Childrens Toy Storage In Australia
If you want your child’s bedroom or your living room clutter-free, the obvious answer is to consider storage boxes and shelves. When shopping for toy storage, some principles can make the purchase decision easier.
- Make storage accessible to your children. No matter whether you are looking for storage boxes or a hanging rack for clothes, make sure that storage containers are convenient for their height.
- Labels: Help your children to remain organised by labelling their storage boxes. These labels can include both the name and an image of what should be stored within them.
- Look out for stylish furniture that can double up as children’s toy storage. This way, the children’s toys can still be kept in the living room.
All these ideas are useful. However, in most cases, you can’t move the storage container around from one room to another, never mind taking a storage box to a park or café.
Common Mistakes People Make With Children’s Toy Storage
It may look simple: you buy storage items for the children’s toys, and make sure they are within reach so that your children can tidy up after play. There are however, some common mistakes parents make:
- Focusing only on price. We all have our budgets; but when you use the price as the only measure, you could find later that you have bought yourself some costly problems. If you buy a storage box that is too small, you will need several small boxes to store all the toys; or worse still − you may not have the storage space in which to place the toys.
- Not creating space for the toys in the living room. Indeed, you want a clean home, there are ways of bringing in toys into the room, making the toys be part of the décor. For instance, you can purchase a vintage bike for the youngsters to ride around on.
- Overlooking the safety aspect of storage items. Sharp corners, string or and the hard surface can be dangerous for children. A storage container that is too small can also result in over packing and falling toys. Instead opt for an item you can use that is made of quality material, yet won’t be a safety concern for your kids.